SUMMARY: The TMHCA Director of Administrative Services must lead and inspire others, ensure the fair and equitable delivery of policies and practices, and encourage training and the development of the agency workforce. The Director of Administrative Services reports to the Senior Vice President, and must work effectively in a team environment. Some key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to responsibilities of a human resource generalist and an administrative assistant to the Senior Vice President, and supervision over the assigned administrative team of TMHCA.
EDUCATION: Human Resource degree preferred. Work experience may be substituted for education. Minimum of 2 years successfully working in the mental health field or for a non-profit that provides mental health, disability, or homeless services. Supervisory, managerial and administrative experience is necessary.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Office setting, with local, state and national travel required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be a mental health consumer
- A mental health consumer is someone who has received treatment for a psychiatric illness as diagnosed by the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV or current revision).
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with mental health consumers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good telephone etiquette, and computer skills (Windows based, Microsoft Office Programs, databases, etc.).
- Be willing to monitor staff and use TMHCA’s electronic record keeping system for data collection and required reports.
- Have a general understanding of the state mental health funding system and audit processes.
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and public presentation skills.
- Understanding of Mental Health issues, trends, concerns, and activities.
- Ability to network and reach out to work with diverse groups, individuals, ideas and opinions.
- Must be able to motivate and uphold TMHCA’s vision and mission with flexibility in dealing with changing conditions.
- Demonstrated self-confidence and sound judgment sufficient to handle challenges.
- Must have skills and be proficient with the techniques, concepts and principals to maintain and role model personal recovery.
- Must have experience in the areas of fiscal administration; planning, not for profit organizations; and human resource development.
- Must have experience in personnel management covering all aspects of employment – including but not limited to selection & recruiting, compensation & benefits, employee supervision, skill development, etc.
- Have an understanding of Mental Health issues, trends, concerns, and activities.
- Have an understanding of budget processes and financial management.
- Must have an ability to reach out and work with diverse groups, individuals, ideas and opinions within and outside the agency.
- Must have vision, zeal, be decisive, confidential, ethical, and flexibility in dealing with ever-changing conditions.
- Must have demonstrated confidentiality; self-confidence; and sound judgment sufficient to handle challenges of a not for profit agency.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coordinate active outreach/volunteer programs.
Applicant must also meet but not limited to the following criteria:
- Be available to work from 8am-5pm (60 minute lunch and 2 fifteen minute breaks)
- A valid TN driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Strong confidential agency minded skills a must
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, good telephone etiquette, and computer skills (Windows based, Microsoft Office Programs, and databases, etc.)
- Be able to engage in educational outreach to stakeholder groups and the general public
- Have a general understanding of the state mental health funding system and audit processes
- Meet and agree to all the following environmental conditions: work in an office setting, with local, state and national travel required. Some night and weekend work hours required
- Clean Criminal history
Education and Experience considered when determining base pay. Benefits include 12 sick and 12 annual days yearly and TMHCA offers health insurance. TMHCA pays 100% percent of the employee’s insurance premium and the employee is responsible for all co-pays and deductibles. TMHCA pays a minimum life insurance policy with additional payroll deduction coverage available. Employees are eligible for 401K plan after six months of employment.
Please fax resumes to the Senior Vice President at (615) 810-9451 or email email@example.com Attention: Stacey Murphy. Open Until Filled.