We are seeking to hire a full-time qualified individual in Jackson, TN (Also works out of Boliver, TN)who has life experience with mental illness as a Peer Intensive Care Specialist (PIC).
Trained Peer Intensive Care Specialist’s engage in a peer matching process with inpatient residents who have been identified by facility inpatient or discharge staff. The primary role of a Bridger is to offer peer support to persons in state psychiatric facilities and crisis stabilization units both prior and subsequent to discharge. The PIC seeks to develop a trusting relationship with the person in the facility, serving as a role model, mentor, teacher, a connector, an advocate, a supporter, an ally and a source of encouragement and hope.
Applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Must be an individual that has received or currently receives mental health services with a minimum Bachelors in Social Work or related fields, or;
- Must be an individual that has received or currently receives mental health services with a Tennessee State Certified Peer Recovery Specialist accreditation. To learn about accreditation visit: http://www.tn.gov/behavioral-health/article/peer-recovery-specialist-training
Applicant must also meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be available to work days, nights, and weekends
- A valid TN driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Meet and agree to all the following environmental conditions: work in both inpatient and community settings with local, state and national travel required.
- Clean Criminal history
- Clean Abuse Registry
Peer Intensive Care Specialist’s work in state psychiatric facilities, crisis stabilization units and in community settings providing evidence-based practices, best practices and peer support to individuals that meet criteria set forth by stakeholders in Tennessee.